Hello everyone!
So since my last post, I have settled quite nicely into the mansion style of living. I have a king sized bed all to myself and have been enjoying using the kitchen as much as I want and hanging out on the terrace(s). Not a bad life. This week has been hectic for the kiddos...its exam week! They have all been walking around in a sort of frenzied daze and I think emotions are running high; yesterday, someone cried in 3 out of my 4 classes so it is pretty clear to me that they are stressing hard. Luckily, tomorrow is the test and afterward, I promised everyone candy and free time, so that should be fun.
In other news, last Sunday I was invited by my friend, Zaid, to go have tacos with her family and her for breakfast. Her mom actually makes the corn tortillas by hand and makes all these amazing fillings to go in them: meat, chicken, mushrooms, corn, lard (ha) and tons of great salsas. She also makes the sweetest little memelitas which are like tiny Mexican pizzas. I literally just kept eating and eating and eating; every time I thought it was over, my plate was refilled. It was crazy! Her mom is so sweet as is her sister and they took me to their house afterward in which I was surprised to find two tucans, a parrot, an a guinea pig along with the dog. The Mexicans love their slightly obscure animals.
Anyway, yesterday was Zaid´s birthday as well, so she invited all of us to have basically a feast at the bar that her parents own. Her mom made cerviche and these things called tclaudas (sp?) which are GIANT tortillas with cheese, beans, salsa and meat on them. They are a serious challenge to eat but totally worth it. I also made her a cake, so everyone enjoyed that as well. There was drinking, eating and dancing so a good time was had by all.
I think that is all for now, miss you all!