I feel like I was just run over by a truck. Full of small children.
The first day of school was definitely intense. I have 4 classes and each of them have their own personalities. The first graders are sweet and just a little rambunctious as are the 2nd graders. The 4th graders and good and they are my smallest class, only 6 of them. We were able to get relatively far and they are decent readers, so that was fun. The 3rd graders, however, are another story in another book in another library in another city! They are awful. They were basically screaming and running around the whole time and each time my back was turned, I knew this little kid, Josemaria, was behind me making some weird gesture and whatnot. They love to tell me the wrong names too, so I had a "Juanita" who was actually Nuria and a "Pancho" who was actually Sebastian, just to name a few. They may think it's hilarious, but I am just confusada!
As it was my first day teaching, ever, and I have no formal training...I am proud that I came out alive and relatively unscathed...it can only get better from here (right??)
Nicole