Hello everyone,
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that my computer has some sort of virus (or trojan or worm) and therefore, I am back to being essentially, computerless. The only reason that this affects you all is because it may mean less blog postings and definitely less pictures. BUT, I am coming home in 3 weeks (count em, 3!!) for a brief hiatus during which I will hopefully acquire a new computer so next semester, my blogs will be back to normal. This might be a good time to say that in January, I am moving to San Luis Potosi to continue teaching English, but at a different school. I am excited for a change of scenery and hopefully, it will only continue getting better and better!
In other news, this weekend was relatively lax. On Saturday morning, I awoke to a surprise...the seƱora of my house (she has a strange name, like Joji or Jijo or Jaji or something) was there, prepped and ready to take my king-sized bed. Um, what? They moved that big old thing right out of my room and replaced it with...you guessed it...a twin!! Not the best way to wake up on a Saturday.
After the moving fiasco and eating a cheap lunch of memelitas, Brandon and I walked to the purisima (the giant market) to shop and enjoy the locals. We took it easy on Saturday night as well. On Sunday, we treked down to the mall which I had never been to in the day...(it beats the Oaks Mall, that´s for sure!) We ended up seeing a movie...The Debt, which was actually amazing.Usually, our only requisites for a movie is that it is in English and usually, we are not uber impressed. This one however, was great, and I totally reccommend it.
Following the movie, Brandon and I had a seriously intense game of air-hockey. Needless to say, we attracted a crowd (mostly children under the age of 10) but others came over to watch as well. I guess it isn´t every day in Tehuacan that you see two gringos, one with a ginger beard, sweating profusely and occasionally screaming and throwing the puck (that was me) during an air hockey game. Way to blend in...
On the school front, this is the last real week of school. Halleluja, praise the Lord!! Next week, we have exam review and the actual final for English is next Friday! The following week is Christmas (and Hannukah??) activities. The final day, Fri, Dec. 16, is a fiesta. I cannot believe how fast the time has flown. Until later!