Another week...check!! The rest of the semana went by pretty smoothly except for a couple bumps in the road. For example, today, after my 3rd graders finished their exam, I let them play outside for a while. After about 15 minutes, I noticed this one kid, Josemaria, laughing super hard and bent over, and then all of a sudden...woooosh, he was vomiting! I was literally speechless. All of the kids freaked out basically and he started crying and it was a huge mess. A mess that looked like it was made up of papayas and Doritos (aka bright orange.) Poor kid had to be taken to the nurse while the rest of the class kept saying, "Que asco" over and over again and trying their damnest not to vomit themselves.
That was the most major bump. The other recurring bump is that my 1st graders are absolutely wild, and today was no different. I finally gave up and let them play outside for about 30 minutes in the end of class. (I even joined in the fun. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em?) Anyway, I told my boss that we have to brainstorm another way to control these kids because the only thing they are learning in my class is how to drive me up the wall.
In other news, last night, I went with Zaid and her friends to a "Welcome Party" for her University at the only discoteque in Tehuacan: Nectar. It was pretty ghetto (even compared to some clubs in Gvegas) but it was still fun. It was essentially a big white room with a lot of little white tables and red stool-chairs with a big stage, a decent DJ and lots of drunk Mexicans. DEFINITELY my idea of a good time. It was great meeting Zaid's friends and getting my groove on so I would call the night a success. I also saw Ramon (the man in whose house I live) and Pedro (his BFF) which was crazy because I actually went out in Mexico and ran into people that I knew. Que popular!
I hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing, fun and exciting weekend!